Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Walking a Fine Line

                      I have been really struggling recently with a very very bad habit of ignoring Duchess at times when I am busy at work. This week I have Federal Audits at work and things need to be done quickly. I know I need to check if she alerts but I have been really cranky and ignoring her to an extent because of all the things I need to accomplish. I am walking a very fine line right now because if you ignore your service dog they can stop alerting possibly or it can decrease their enthusiasm for their jobs. I am trying to be better but I know recently I have felt like such a pin cushion from all my previous pump site issues and then the constant testing. I am really feeling over whelmed by things because there is so many things I need to get done. It is so easy at times to forget how diabetes does not always wait and you can have a bad low or with me a seizure from time to time. I am trying my best to get things back to where they should be.

                      Duchess has been wonderful dealing with my mood this week and really keeping on top of it even though I am not as receptive as I should be. I am amazed at how fortunate I am that she loves her job enough that she continues to work even though I am making it difficult. I am hoping that tomorrow will be better,

No comments:

Post a Comment