Monday, November 5, 2012

So Glad she is Back to Her Old Self

                I have always loved Duchess but the longer I have her the better our relationship becomes. I honestly fell in love with her the minute I meet her at the kennel on my first day of training. I could not believe how intelligent and smart she was but most of all how much she loved working. I have to say she is far the happiest dog I have ever owned I think the job really gives the service dogs a purpose. I know Duchess has not been herself after all the seizures and hospital stay I experienced from July through September. I feel like the past two weeks she is back to normal again. She is more affectionate and more playful I believe because I have not had a seizure in over a month and a half which is wonderful. I am out the seizure pattern which is what I was trying to accomplish.
 


Duchess back when I was hospitalized in August.
                                          
                  I think Duchess was on high alert for several months during all the seizures and so she was not as carefree. I love seeing her back to her old self. She is a very warm and loving dog even when she is on high alert but it nice to she her a little more relaxed. I know these scary events our hard on the dogs even with training. They love their owners so much is amazing. I have also seen time and time again how Duchess will alert a great period of time before my Dexcom will so glad I have Duchess to help me maneuver my crazy life with diabetes. I know would not be as safe without her.

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment