Thursday, November 1, 2012

Glue and Adhesive Issues

              It looks like my first Dexcom sensor with the IV 3000 has worked quite well in fact there has been not itching from the site with the IV 3000 which is wonderful. I also used the Benadryl spray under neath the IV 3000 and there was not welts or redness when I removed it. So thankfully the glue/adhesive allergy has been handled pretty quickly and I seem to of found a solution. I am still struggling with the infusion sets I can get to about two days on some of the infusion sets but I have a feeling I will be switching to Apidra most likely at the end of this month after my next appointment if things do not change. I am averaging about a day and half currently. I am thankful after having sites lasting 4-5 hours so there has been big improvements. Hopefully I can get back to making it two days again soon. I also no longer have any bruises or welts left over so my stomach is back to looking like normal. I was and am still thankful for all the doc members who offered help and advice.
               

Duchess and my co-worker at office Halloween Lunch.
                          

                         

2 comments:

  1. Hoping you can get this figured out. Diabetes is hard enough without all of the extra adhesive trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good with the benadryl spray and IV 3000 but with all the supplies I have gone through it has not been much fun.

    ReplyDelete