Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Stress Wins Again

 As the stress pick up at work so has my lows and I know poor Duchess is spending way too much time at my work and then having to keep up increasing lows. Last night Duchess woke me up so I test I was 30 so I knew I needed to treat it. So I noticed I had smarties and I thought perfect but I was struggling to get the package open. Then I remembered I had a bag of Skittles in a baggie that I could open pretty easily. Sure enough I was able to get it opened. I am noticing that recently I am more aware of the fact that I need to treat the low but I am completely frustrated at the fact that my body was not cooperating. I know sometimes depending on how fast it is dropping seems to determine what kind of abilities my body will have during the lows. Last night I was thankful I was able to know that I needed to treat it but I also was very angry at the time that I was struggling to open the smarties. I also had a jar of glucose tabs but opening that seemed daunting as well. Thankfully I had a couple Gluco Lift tabs in a baggie which I could use as well.

I am thankful that I was able to treat this low without help but I am tired of all the lows. The stress is really only going to continue to rise because there is currently an audit going on right now as we are trying to close the books for the year as well. I am trying ways to deal with the stress the best I can but honestly since my diagnosis with Hypoglycemia Unawareness I am really lacking in my ability to handle stress like I used to be able to in the past. I am not sure if that is something I will ever get back. I can handle some stress but when it's stressful for months it seems to catch up with me. I am listening to my body as to when and how much I need to sleep and trying to get some exercise in as well. Not sure what else I could be doing. I would love to be able to have a whole weekend off but that is not coming till the end of October.




4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your frustrations. Sometimes everything just hits at once. I've been following you long enough to know that you can handle this. You have accomplished so much in the last several months. Don't let your confidence in yourself waver. And remind yourself that the enemy that is diabetes doesn't play fair. There will be some stumbling involved in our dealings with it.

    Strong thoughts and best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy. It has been a rough patch and sadly diabetes really never plays fair. I am going to hang in their. I know things will smooth out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry it's so stressful and that it's causing those bad lows. :( I'm sending good thoughts to you and Duchess!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. I really appreciate the good thoughts.

      Delete