Monday, September 16, 2013

Finally Somewhat Back to Normal

I thankfully was able to sleep this weekend. For the most part I was staying within the high and low threshold of my Dexcom but I also noticed when it did alarm I did not hear it. So I am back to putting my dexcom in a cup on my nightstand so I can hear it. Recently I was able to hear it and did not really miss the alerts but I know after nights of constant alarms I honestly want to ignore it so I can sleep. I did not work as much overtime as I did last weekend so I was able to have some time to accomplish a great deal of things that needed to be taken care of. I also got some time to get my hair done and hang out with a friend.

Last week was a tough week and I am sure this one will be as well. I am feeling better about where I am at now but I still feel like I have some great work to get me back to feeling not so overwhelmed. I am making basal changes as I need and working constantly on my keeping things on track. I know I am on the right track to hopefully feeling more like myself but at times my Diabetes really feels like it is winning. I know Diabetes does not play fair or give breaks. Thankfully through all the long nights, lows and some highs Duchess has not lost her focus and has been very sweet. She cares so much about me and I know she knows when I am stressed, unhappy sad etc.

I know this weekend she was so much more cuddly than her normal, which was so nice because I really needed a hug. I know one of the benefits of having Duchess is that she is with me through all the good, the bad and the ugly. I know she does not complain or whine for the most part and she honestly loves here job most days. I am lucky to have her with me when I am going through weeks like last week are tough but a little less with her around.

No comments:

Post a Comment