Friday, August 1, 2014

Realizing I'm Human

I have been thinking recently in some ways I am way too tough on myself. I know I am way too critical and I am working on getting the bad messages from previous Dr.'s out of my mind. It will take me some time to get rid of the old baggage of sorts. I know first hand that most Dr.'s meant well but they were highly unsuccessful in many ways because of the messages they were using. I know now that these messages still bother me today. I am thankful that I have a wonderful team supporting me through all my rough spots. I know my Dr. did not pass judgement on my recent incident that happened she thought it was related to stress like I was thinking. I know all too well I don't handle stress well in anyway.

I know this time I did not want to do a play by play and my physician understood I was not ready to do so. She said she thought there was most likely several factors involved and that driving myself crazy trying to solve why in this case was not the best idea. She gets that I am a type A and these things drive me crazy. I want to solve all issues on my own. I think this time I am done rehashing things but I did do basal changes before my appointment and she did a couple more. So I think we have it covered.

 I like that my Dr. does not blame me what happened but gets that normally when things happen for me it has several factors that contributed to the bad lows. I know if I am not sleeping well I make time to catch up if possible, staying hydrated, keeping lows to a minimum seems to help avoid bad lows. I try my best but I realized I cannot expect more than just doing my best. At the end of the day I am human and even with years of experience I can make mistakes. I can also do everything right and still end up with a bad lows so for now I am just going to focus on the fact that I had very little changes done to my pump settings. I am thankful that I do the best that I can and know that Hypoglycemia Unawareness is the most difficult issues I have ever dealt with as a Diabetic.


No comments:

Post a Comment