Thursday, July 31, 2014

Feeling Silly Now

Well I went in feeling lousy to an extent because I had forgotten to get my lab work done earlier. Thankfully I got up early this morning and went in before my appointment which is good. I normally have normal cholesterol and thyroid. Most of my items come back normal except for my Vitamin D and occasionally other vitamins. Most of the time I am just trying to keep my A1c in good range. So I am not too worried about things except my A1c dropping which could have happened. My Physician Assistant I see regularly she is great and never judges me. I know first thing she said when she walked in the room is how great I looked. I have been working out for a while now and I feel great. I know that my work not being as demanding has also lifted a great deal off my shoulders.

So she said she was going to make minor pump basal changes but for the most part things were really looking good. I know she was pleased to see me doing better than last year. I know she asked to speak to another  patient who has Rheumatoid Arthritis who is struggling a bit. I of course said I would. I live a normal active life style and nothing has change after my diagnosis except I am a little more careful not to run too much it can be incredibly hard on the joints. So I live my life very normally and I am bound and determined it will not slow me down. I have always been extremely stubborn which I think has helped me deal with my RA like it is no big deal. I do the best I can and when my body throws at me I tend to take as it comes. I know full well I can't change that I have RA but I can do everything I can to keep my joints healthy and try to prevent flare-ups.

I know I was nervous going in but I really should not have been because my team is the best. They support me not matter what happens. I am hoping for good results on my lab work. I feel silly now that my Dr. would be upset that I just got my blood work done this morning. I think all they care is that it is done. I know they know I work a great deal of hours and seem to get that at times I can get side tracked.

No comments:

Post a Comment