Friday, July 18, 2014

Blood Sugars Not Where I Want Them to Be

My blood sugars three weeks off of predisone are not where I was hoping. I am still moving up after eating so I am going back to the using my insulin pump to determine amount of insulin and taking the full units by injections. the .65 etc are dosed by the insulin pump which worked before going off. I am not sky rocketing like before but I am getting up into the 150's which is not where I want to be. So I am trying to reduce the spike after eating. My numbers generally are not moving nearly as much as they were when I was on predisone which is a blessing.

I am really wishing I could be working out right now but instead I am resting my ankle because I am still getting some swelling from my wound while low. I am hoping to see more improvement so far today much less swelling and much less redness which is a great sign. I am hoping that by next week I will be back at the gym working out again. I know I have only been back to the gym for a short period of time but I really have noticed I am not nearly as stressed I tend to handle things more efficiently. I also noticed that in general I feel much better and noticed that I started to have less lows that were as dramatic as before. So I know if I can get back to it a great deal more of things to come. I know I still need to work on the lows while working out and I am making progress. I know if I keep working at it eventually I will figure it out.

So after a long week I am hoping for a quite weekend of resting my ankle and hoping for more healing so I can get back to all the things I need to do.


2 comments:

  1. I hope the weekend rest does the trick for your ankle.

    And what a fantastic picture of Duchess!!! It makes me want to give her a big hug. But I wouldn't, because she has her vest on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news ankle is doing great so far.Great observation about the vest. I know Duchess would love a big hug from you when her vest is off.

    ReplyDelete