Thursday, July 24, 2014

Wishing for More

I know since my diagnosis with Hypoglycemia Unawareness over 6 years ago things have been incredibly challenging. I know doing simple everyday things can become challenging quickly with the way I drop so quickly and not knowing makes even house work complicated. So I try to preplan out when I do certain things I know will affect my blood sugars. So I spend most of my life pre-planning and organizing my life around my responsibilities and the same goes for Duchess as well.

I know this is pretty normal and I know most Diabetics do this to the same extent. I have been thinking back to all the Diabetic books I have read and all the advice given. I know for me most of the time the suggestions and advice do not work. Especially now that I have Hypoglycemia Unawareness. I know my personal Diabetes has never fit the norm for most Diabetics so I expect some things to not work automatically. I know through all my experiences there is not one book on how to handle Hypoglycemia Unawareness. So it leaves you in a world where you have to come up with a great deal of ideas of how to solve a problem and most will not work and then because of how fast my Diabetes changes the solution may only work for a couple weeks and then I am back to trying to find another solution.

I really wish their was more ideas of how to solve these problems in general. A great deal of the time I find solutions off seeing suggestions and going from their to make it fit for me which can work at times. I know their is so little information about Hypoglycemia Unawareness available it can be frustrating. At time I really wish their was book that could have helped me over the past couple of years. So I know I will always have major challenges to figure out on my own which at time is very daunting.  I have gotten very good at being creative but continually doing it can equal Diabetic burnout and other issues that could impact me. At times things can be more difficult that I like to admit.


No comments:

Post a Comment