Monday, August 4, 2014

Considering Something I Thought I Would Never Do

I know a great deal of people will think I lost my mind. I am considering possibly running a half marathon in the next year or two. I know I could do it with a great deal of planning. I know my Endocrinologist is encouraging me if that is what I want to do. I know I need to get my Rheumatologist permission first as well. I think I can do it but I also know that would be most the challenging thing I would have done as Diabetic especially with Hypoglycemia Unawareness. I know I have not talked much about the fact that I come from a family of runners. I have always enjoyed running and my father was a marathon runner. I know he would be incredibly proud if I could figure it out. I am not sure if I will make it that far but I know I would enjoy the challenge of it all even it could do a 10K that would be great too. I know I am ready to try more challenging things. I know I have seen others do it and I figure why can't I as well.

I know I have noticed that since I have been doing more rigorous exercise there has been a great deal of good things happening. My lows don't have the same effect and the lows do not last as long. I know I have also noticed that my vitamin Deficiencies have disappeared as well. So I think I am on the right track. So I am going to start slow by running for a while and increasing it as a go over a years period of time. It might take me two years to get their but could really be worth it. It might take me a lot less time but I guess I would have to see because I have never run over 7 miles previously. So this would be a learning experience. I am sure there would be a great deal of challenges but I know my Endocrinologist said they could even come up with a plan for me it would be more challenging than other patients in the past but they said was do able.

I am not sure if I am going to do it but I am really starting to consider it. I know the biggest thing is that I don't want my Hypoglycemia Unawareness to win instead I would like to be able to find a way around the issues and still be able to do everything I want to do. I know its possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment