Monday, August 11, 2014

Great Changes Over the Past Year

It has been such a different year for me this year I have done a great deal of things I never thought I would do. I have been very forthcoming on what I need at work and it has paid off for me. I have also been a little more up front of where I am at with my own family when it comes to my Diabetes the problem is that they are not very accepting of it at this point. I have been feeling like I am finally starting to understand exercise and my Hypoglycemia Unawareness and I have had fewer days with lows and if they happen they are at the tail end of my exercise which is an outstanding improvement. I have accomplished so much in numerous ares of my life but I have not been very happy. I guess a couple months ago I said to myself that I thought I would not be able to run a half marathon. I guess because I gave up it really made me unhappy. I have been discussing things with my family about how much I want to do it and looks like I am going to go for it.

Life is way to short to no to continually try to achieve your dreams and I honestly don't want my Diabetes to win. I know without the support of my medical team I would not be event trying this and I know if I had not mentioned it at my last appointment they would not have shared what they did. I always recommend running these issues by your Dr.'s because you might be really surprised by what they tell you. I know I just want to feel like I was doing something nice for myself. I do not do enough for myself most of the time. I normally and helping friends or family with issues. I feel like this is a time in my life I need this for me.

I know this will be a great deal of learning for me as I train but I know I can do it. I know this will be good for Duchess as well. I will need to figure out how I can do this but I know it is possible. I have started running and plan to continue to train. I guess we will see where it takes me and what I learn along the way. i honestly have been getting bored in some ways with the same old so I guess it time to add more challenges to my life. I at times really do well with pushing myself to do more. Hoping that I can continually achieve great things and not doubt myself like I was previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment