Friday, August 31, 2012

Diabetic Alert Dog Article

                I know quite a few people who own diabetic alert dogs which is wonderful. One of the toughest things I have had to deal with since I got Duchess is the public access issues and I am not alone in this issue. I know the main thing is people are unable to see our disabilities so they automatically assume are service dogs are fake. I was very upset when I read about a 20 year old in the article below who was trying to get lunch and was told to leave. He has filed a complaint which I support completely. I am hoping that the business gets hit with a fine in hopes that they learn that is not allowed. Everyday is a fight even with continued education. Things are getting better for me because I have made it my mission to educate as many as possible. I know this family is trying to do the same but not all people are willing to learn more until its too late. I am hoping as more service dogs are out and about that more people including businesses will familiarize themselves with the laws. I feel really bad that this young man had to experience this but I am glad he did file a complaint.

http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_story/18677652/article-Eatery-says-it%E2%80%99s-sorry-for-tossing-out-service-dog?instance=special%20_coverage_right_column

No comments:

Post a Comment