Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fine Tuning

                  I have to say I loved having the time off from work on Monday. I needed the break more than I realized. I did spend some time working on fine tuning some training with Duchess which I do frequently to keep her at service dog standards. There is so many things I need to be concerned about. Duchess has always had a weak spot for food even with her training. I do have to frequently work with her on her impulse control through daily and weekly training exercises. All service dogs have a weak spot and her is is food which is no surprise most labs love food. She does really well with her leave it command and does not usually go after the food. She will from time to time act like she is going to get the item but then she pulls back because she knows she should not be focusing on the food. I do not allow her to beg there is an order that we eat in at home. She always eats after me which helps keep established in her mind the pack order. These things really do help keep her impulses under control. She has to wait for my command to eat anything and this makes it easier for her to understand when and what she can have.

                  I had a pretty good weekend of great blood sugars except for two bad infusion sites but overall a very relaxing weekend. Could not of asked for a more relaxed productive weekend. Hope everyone had a great weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment