Thursday, September 6, 2012

Constant Fear

                 I read an article by" Diabetic Dad" by Tom Karlya it was a really well written article I have shared a link for below.It is about dead in bed syndrome and how we look at these deaths and how the fear of this happening can cause us to live in complete fear when we really should just be evaluating our circumstances to make sure that we are doing the best for our own individual diabetes. I know I have spent a great deal of time recently fighting with Dr.'s about what I need to help me and now what the text book cases do. I know my last four and half years have felt like I have been living on the edge of a cliff waiting for myself to tumble over. I know when I was first diagnosed with hypoglycemia unawareness I stopped living life because of fear when I really should of been fighting to find other options. I did find other options but the fear had taken over. I know I am not going to let my hypoglycemia unawareness take over my life again I will continue to find other options by researching and learning as much as possible. Duchess gave me back my freedom and even more in some ways. I have also learned that I can live life I used to and I do not live in fear. I have had quite a few seizures and issues but honestly that will not stop me from trying to do the best I can. At the end of the day I have always just done the best I can and I can't expect anymore than that.

                  There was also a mention in the article about how scary it must be for the person who is living with diabetes and that is so very true. I know I worry for my family as well because they worry too. I know I will always worry more than they do but I also have learned that I can not let that stop me from doing the things I love. Most of my time as a diabetic I have never let it stop me until four years ago and I have not let it stop me once I realized that I needed to let go of the fear. Life is much better on the otherside of constant fear.              

                                 http://diabetesdad.org/2012/09/04/dead-from-diabetes/

No comments:

Post a Comment