Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Latest Endocrinologist Visit



                 I went to the Endocrinologist again and today was interesting in that. They decided that with all my infusion set issue I need to look at all the different infusion set options to find one that can work. I love the quick sets but currently they are only lasting several hours which is not good. All the extra supplies I have gone through in the past week is pretty pricey and I honestly am not made of money sadly. So I have an appointment with educator to find an infusion set that might work better and hopefully last at least two days would be nice. I also have started the Dexcom and will be looking forward to using this data to make the appropriate adjustments easier for me. I tend to move around frequently in my patters and this will help makes things more manageable. The appointment went well but I honestly do not understand why they didn't let me have the infusion sets I wanted in the first place. My blood sugars have not been good considering the hours I have been working. This is my 10th day straight of work. I am getting tired and can't wait til all the overtime is over. Having Dexcom up and running will be helpful during stressful times because I use temporary basals frequently to do quick adjustments.



                               

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll be able to find a set that works well for you. That's one of the things I love about options - though it might take some trial & error.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will and hopefully soon. I have done so many site changes it has been out of control. I really feel like a pin cushion now lol.

    ReplyDelete