Friday, August 3, 2012

Follow up

               
                  I went to a follow up appointment for my Animas One Touch Ping because of my recent pump start up. I had a pump previously so I had a feeling the transition would be easy for the most part. I saw the Physician Assistant and she is who I prefer to work with. She does not usually tell me I'm terrible she tends to help me suggestion verses the Endocrinologist who does the opposite. I know she told me she was very impressed with the fact that there was little for her to change with my pump settings. I made some changes in my basal rates after some basal changes because I knew that would help make the transition easier for me once I was on the Ping. I know she has most patients come back after first week and then second week but I luckily will not come back for another month which is what I prefer. I am not a big fan of the Dr.'s and all the appointments. I think I have the setting almost where I want them for now which is great but I think I will need to re-evaluate my IC ratios slightly which is normal for this time of year for me. I find it interesting that the CDE is not doing my pump follow ups, but I have a feeling is that because she is not familiar with the Animas One Touch Ping. I know they had trouble downloading my pump information yesterday because they had never used the software before. Hopefully the office will learn more about the Animas products and offer that choice to their patients.

                                  

                   I am thankful that I got the pump I wanted just wished the office was a little more open minded about different pump models because I think it can really limit the patients. I know I do some activities the waterproof feature will come in handy for. I also love the screen and the overall setup of the Ping. I find it much more user friendly and I had my pump set up on my own within minutes which is great and I have no trouble remembering how to find certain setting on the pump as well. The PA was pleased with my progress and thinks I made a great choice of pumps for me which is nice that she realizes that I needed more than what the medtronic would offer me.
              

No comments:

Post a Comment