Friday, November 8, 2013

Putting Dexcom in a Cup Again

I am really happy I decided to take today off from work not because of my low yesterday but because I needed some time off. I am thankfully had a good night last night so I was able to sleep and was not low all night long. I know Duchess seems quite relieved at the quite night as well. I am going to have a long fun birthday weekend and enjoy the fact that I have three days off. I am hoping to get a better handle on things over the next couple of days. I know I have found some little things I had not taken into consideration until yesterday morning. All I know is that recently my diabetes has really become a handful to deal with and I just want to be able to have some time to relax.

I am always trying to avoid all these lows but sadly my body has other things in mind other than cooperating. Thankfully I have some ideas of how I am going to approach things and hope that it helps. I know I was really surprised by yesterday's bad low because I was not really stressed but I know some things such as time change can create issues for me so I am thinking that was playing a part in the bad low as well. I am not sure why it happened but I am always looking for ideas to help. I know I don't remember hearing the Dexcom go off at all. So I am going back to putting my Dexcom in a cup on my night stand.

That seems to help me hear it more clearly and I hoping to catch the lows sooner rather than sleeping right through the alarms. I know I never usually her my pump alarms either so I should not be surprised by this but that usually does not cause many issue except occasionally. I am so glad I am getting to enjoy my birthday weekend with some much needed time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment