Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Overnights are Improving But Feeling Defeated.

My blood sugars overnight thankfully seems to be calming down which is nice. Certain times of the year it seems like every night that my blood sugars want to stay low all night long. I am running a little higher than I like but I am doing some really gradual drops hoping to not over do it with the adjustments. I really love when I can sleep through most of the nights when possible. I know last week I was stressed and I saw first hand how that affected me. I am hoping things begin to slow down at work so I can get my barrings on my blood sugars. I am also working out more and hoping that does not mess with my overnight blood sugars too.

I am working on trying to feel like my old self these days and I think getting out and exercising more will help. I have put on like 5 pounds over the past couple of months and I want to feel better so hopefully I can lose the weight. I am trying to find some new ways to deal with stress for the busiest part of next year to help avoid bad lows or EMS assisted issues. I am not sure what I can do differently but I feel like I need a better plan. This year I avoided seizures and if I can avoid bad overnight lows next year I would feel like things were even more improved.

Having Hypoglycemia Unawareness has honestly been the most difficult and scary aspect for me to face as a Diabetic. I know I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful helper but life in general is never easy and figuring out the basal changes it twice as challenging. I know my Dr. at times seems to need extra time to see what action needs to be taken. I know my bad low from Friday has made me feel like a complete failure because I feel like I should be able to prevent more of the these lows. I know I am doing better than last year but I would love to be like some diabetics who the lows are very rare events.

No comments:

Post a Comment