Thursday, November 21, 2013

Feeling Blah

This November has been so different than last year. I was so excited last year by all the activities of Diabetes awareness month. This year I feeling very blah about it all. I am not upset about anything but my general enthusiasm is missing this year. I am not sure if I am just feeling blah about my diabetes or I am feeling just overwhelmed by it all. I know I am not the only blogger who mentioned feeling this way this year. I know things do vary and I am sure next year I will be back to my more enthusiastic approach to Diabetes Awareness month. I am not sure how I can get myself more excited by it all but I think it is okay to feel blah about it all because I do deal with Diabetes 365 days a year with no breaks.

I know I don't really feel overwhelmed per say but maybe just a little tired of all the scariness my condition brings me on a regular basis. I work so hard but I know it does not always seem to be enough. I guess at the end of the day you can only do so much to prevent lows. I am very tired after my last incident on the bus where people blamed me for it happening and fully believed that I was being irresponsible. I know that is not the case it is really the fact that there is always so much education needed for some of the general public. I am not sure if that is why I feel the way I do this month but who know it might. It can feel extremely overwhelming when you try your best to educate but the person was not really listening can be frustrating.

I know my passion and wanting to help others is why I started my blog and that has not changed but at times that task can feel daunting at times. I do have a great deal of people in my life who understand about lows and so I feel like they get it. I know with Hypoglycemia Unawareness has taken over my life 5 1/2 years ago and it has never been the same since. I am okay with that but I struggle with the fact the most people don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment