Monday, May 20, 2013

Loose Dog on Campus

                     I have been working overtime now for a couple of weeks and honestly Duchess has been so good about the longer hours at work. I also usually end up coming into work on Sundays for a couple of hours to make sure that I am getting as much done as possible. I was walking back to my car yesterday and I did not notice a little dog that was unleashed near bye. I was a little preoccupied because I was planning what else I needed to get done yesterday afternoon after my overtime. Then the little dog noticed Duchess next thing I know the little dog is trying to bite Duchess and get Duchess distracted. Next thing I know I see the owner running  up after the dog. I am trying to move away from the dog to get Duchess focused. She has been attacked by another dog in the past and I am thankful she is still working for me at all. The next thing I know I am falling to the ground because the dog go Duchess all turned around. I get up pretty quickly scrapped up my knee and my hand pretty good. I look down on the ground. My diabetic alert bracelet clasp is not broken. I was pretty upset because I have had this one for a while and it is a decorative bracelet that I have loved wearing. So now I have to being the process of finding a replacement bracelet part but the engraved piece is still in great shape. I really wish people would keep their dogs on leashes. I have had this issue of her being chased down by dogs loose on campus. I know it is tempting with open areas to let your do loose but unless they have a great recall command.

                       I am happy that I held onto my old diabetic alert dog bracelet from before as a back up but I am still bummed that it was ruined because of a loose dog. My knee is okay but I am sure that it could leave a scar because I took a big chunk of skin out of my knee. I am sure it will start to heal up pretty quickly at least. Well at least Duchess was not upset by the incident and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

4 comments:

  1. I know how hard it is with my family dog on walks I cant imagine having to deal with it and try to keep your dog focused on her job. Glad that you are okay, hope you find a new bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always trying to avoid situations that can harm Duchess which can be difficult because you can't control everything. So thankfully it was just a bump and broken bracelet. Thanks Stacey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did replace my bracelet but I was not very happy.

    ReplyDelete