Thursday, May 2, 2013

Crazy Spikes

                  I  have been back at work recently trying to find a reason for some crazy spikes after I eat lunch and dinner. I have tried changing basals because I thought I was spiking up because I was low before lunch but I am still spiking when I am not low before lunch. So the next thing I tried was doing a combo bolus. I have found that during eating I am dropping low but then spiking back up. So my solution is the combo bolus I am giving less at the beginning and then sending more later and it seems to be working. I have become even more insulin sensitive in the past couple of months. I can soar back down quite quickly and not feeling lows that is not a good thing but I am also glad I am not having a lot of insulin resistance either. So I am not implementing this for a couple weeks and see how it goes never hurts to try new things. Hopefully this is the solution. It has taken me quite a while to figure out why I have had all these crazy spike recently but at least I have found a possible solution. I know I have been driving Duchess crazy because one minute I am low then I am soaring up very quickly and I know she has never been a fan of fast moving blood sugars. She has seen enough seizures that she knows what can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment