Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sharper

                    I have to say that changing up Duchess' training routine has changed so much so quickly. She has a renewed love of her job and she seems to be more enthusiastic in general. She also seems happier in general with refreshing her skills. I know Duchess is very finicky in that she needs to have new things to work on because she gets bored but it really makes sense because she is very smart. I do not think a dog could do her job without being able to figure things out on their own. This morning for example she was bringing me two bringsels to let me know I really need to test right away. Other times when I am having a conversation with some one she will paw at my leg roughly to let me know it is really moving you need to do something now. She is always coming up with new ways to let me know that I need to do something.

                      I have another session with her trainer coming up at the end of this week and I am thrilled to show the trainer the big difference in her overall skills and her new enthusiasm for her work. She is really doing so well I could not be prouder of her and how well she done with the increased amount of training on a daily basis but what makes it manageable is that I do short 10 minutes training periods during the day which does not overwhelm Duchess. I find also the repetition of it does really help to make it a habit for Duchess again.

No comments:

Post a Comment