Monday, March 18, 2013

Reducing Lows

                        I have been working on getting less lows and so far I am accomplishing this but I have a feeling it is also could be because I have not been feeling well. I am still working on getting back to where I was. Having less lows is quite nice and I am hoping to continue to work to keep my lows to a minimum but I also know that lows will be a permanent fixture for me because of the Hypoglycemia Unawareness. I have noticed that most of the people who have this tend to have lows more often and I kind of think this goes with having Hypoglycemia unawareness as well. I have lows but thankfully not as much as when I was first diagnosed with Hypoglycemia Unawareness. I know all my hard work of finding ways to reduce lows or delay them has helped tremendously but I also think that I will deal with the lows until there is another option. I know Duchess will be with me for quite a while and I'm sure I will have to get another one after her as well. Hopefully then there will some other viable options to deal with the lows. I know the artificial pancreas sounds nice but I really question if the sensors will catch my lows. I have timed the lows to where I have had major drops in less than 8 minutes and that would take an incredible device to catch it but if the sensor could catch it at 10 minutes that would really help me to avoid seizures from lows. Normally with drops that fast I do have seizures. Even when I was in the middle of treating the low I still ended up having a seizures. I know after the whole DRI mess with announcing they have a possible cure it really made think about would these options work for me after having diabetes so many years but I am hoping in the end there will be a cure that works for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment