Friday, February 1, 2013

A Mix of Things

                   It has been unusually busy for me at work recently. I have been trying my best to keep up with all that is going on. When the stress is higher usually my blood sugars are lower. I honestly have a great deal of difficulty deal with stress since my mother passed away in 2008. I am not sure why I have such diffculty but it has not helped me much. I work a stressful job that I like and is always busy. I like the challenge of my job but it can really do a number on my diabetes at times. I have been working on reducing the lows during this time and it seems to be working for the most part. Hopefully I will find some new ways to work on less and less lows. I know my new Dr. is actively working to find ways to make things easier. I am working on some things to help as well.

                Duchess has not been alerting much at night over the past year and since her change to a new alert she is now alerting again at night. I was shocked that all of a sudden I wake up with a paw in my face last night from Duchess. Sure enough my blood sugar was off. It is nice to see that is really back on track. I make a huge deal of the night alerts which I call a low party. I make a huge deal of her accomplishment in hopes that she will see the rewards for alerting at night. I could not be prouder of Duchess last night. I am hoping this is the start of more regular night alerting.

No comments:

Post a Comment