Friday, June 1, 2012

The Guilty Feeling that will not go away.

         I have been thinking about my A1c results recently. Mostly yes that I am very happy with it but also I am not very happy with my response to my not so great days. Face it we all have our bad days but why do I wrap my self up in this pretty little guilt package. It consists of me feeling guilty and then over bolusing which equals a low which make me feel even worse. I really need to stop badgering myself over a high with this insane amount of guilt. I have childhood memories of seeing a two hundred number knowing it was very bad. I hate that feeling of that I have failed because of one number but not really giving myself credit for all the great numbers. I know when i get a high number I feel like a little seven year old who's in trouble for messing up. After 30 some years I think it's really time for a change in the way I think about things. If I really take the time to look more at why I could be two hundred I could use this information more proactively and not look at myself as such a failure. I know it is very important for me to at least attempt to figure out why I ended up at that number which is good in that I can at least attempt to learn from it. Diabetes has some idiosyncrasy's to it that it can be very difficult at times to really know what happened. OneTouch Ping

          I am from this point forward going to try and start looking more at what is working and not as myself being a failure. I know this first step can really help me to be even more upbeat about things in general which is great. I know it is going to be incredibly hard to break the cycle I have been on since childhood but it's worth a try. I am thankful that I have had really great A1c the four or five years which is great but is a lot of work. I do need to loosen up the reigns a bit because I find myself getting overboard some aspects. I tend to bolus too early or too aggressive at times. I know my Dr. suggested that I needed too as well. I have been doing better at it so far. I So i am trying this year to get my thoughts into a healthier direction and find a better middle ground for my expectations.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tarra,

    I was wondering if you accepted any guest posting on your site. I couldn’t manage to find your email on the site. If you could get a hold of me at jeff@drugwatch.com, I would greatly appreciate it!

    Thanks,
    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete