Thursday, June 21, 2012

Opportunities I did not know were there all along

                 I have always been very shy most of my life and I have always been scared of public speaking. That is until I took a class last summer in public speaking. I have to say that this class taught me quite a bit about myself in that yes I can handle public speaking and that I am not that bad at it. I did a speech on why people should not fake their pets are service animals and everyone said they thought my speech was wonderful. It felt good to hear positiver feedback on speeches. I was fortunate enough to earn an A in the class,which I was not sure I could do. Shortly after summer semester I started to look for a job and I found one that required some public speaking through teaching classes. I was fortunate to get that job and I really am starting to enjoy public speaking to an extent. I have also done some other speaking at a local company where I was invited to speak about disabilities and service animals. Through these opportunities I have been able to start to move beyond some of my shyness and actually having Duchess has also allowed me more opportunities to do more even within the diabetic community as well.

                Duchess is a great icebreaker in many ways which also has made me come out of my shell and also gives me a opportunities I might not of had before. The funny part of Duchess she has even helped me more men which is really the opposite of what I was expecting honestly. These opportunities have even followed me into my work as well. I have been asked to more things because Duchess and I have been able to make a good impression once people give us a chance. I never dreamed of the changes in my life and I would not change a thing. I really needed to move beyond my own boundaries and I have made incredible progress. This progress is taking me places I never thought I would go and I am actually starting to enjoy public speaking especially in my personal life the most but on work level as well. I owe so much too Duchess for opening my eyes to opportunities and to my speech teacher who I owe for giving me the encouragement to continue on taking public speaking opportunities.

              

No comments:

Post a Comment