Thursday, June 14, 2012

New things

            Duchess has always been such an interesting character to say the least. She has added much more humor to my life. I still find it funny the way she does things sometimes. One interesting thing she does is to make interesting noises because she is not allowed to bark during work. There is always a new noise she makes and honestly I have no idea what they mean. I know most people are curious as to why she makes so many different noises and she does this while still being quite enough at the office. I think it's her way of being a dog but still complying with the rules and standards of what a service dog would need to follow.

            Duchess has also being using some new creative ways to alert me to my changing blood sugars recently she has been bringing me my glucose tabs without me instructing her too. I think she is connecting that I use them for lows. She has also been trained to bring me my test kit on command. She is quite funny in that If  I don't respond quick enough she will throw the test kit at me not that I don't deserve it.

Attached is a link for my interview with Tony Rose I had recently.

 http://bloggingdiabetes.com/2012/06/bdp-046-interview-with-tarra-robinson-diabetic-alert-dog-tslim-and-news/

No comments:

Post a Comment