Monday, June 4, 2012

Not as delightful as before

           I am like most women in that I do love to shop. I wish I could do more shopping. Since I have had Duchess shopping has not been the same most of the time. I try my best to do the things I love like I always have but one thing is very noticeably different. I notice that most of the time the sales people ignore me. I think it mostly has to do with the fact they are not sure how to approach me. I can understand why I could be a little harder to approach in some ways but honestly I am very friendly and if you treat me like a normal customer I am really appreciative of that. I really just wish they would say hello and ask me if I need any help. Most of the time I have to ask someone for help and if I have to ask then most of the time I choose to buy my clothes in a place that is at least willing to acknowledge my presence in their store. I have found most places ignore me which is interesting. There has been one store that has always acknowledged my presence and in fact the staff has treated me the same even after getting Duchess which is wonderful. I tend to shop their frequently because they show me that they value me as a customer. I modeled for them at one time which was great fun for me. Love Maurice' s because they have so many awesome things that I love to wear. The service has been wonderful.
                        PRINTED ONE SHOULDER DRAPED-SLEEVE DRESS   DOUBLE V-NECK WEDGE TEE
          I had a interesting run in with a mall cop the other day. I was in at Express doing some shopping for a night outfit for a concert in downtown Austin. I usually get my going out on the town outfits from express they usually have items that I love. It was a time that I would be leaving Duchess at home but would be with a friend who catches my lows when I don't. So I was looking forward to some time apart from he even though I love her so much. I was looking at some clothes and I noticed the mall cop had come into the store. I continued looking at this top I considering getting. The store associated approached the mall cop to see what he wanted. He told the associate that he received a call about a dog in the mall and that he would need me to leave. She stops him and points out to him that she is a service dog. He looks at me and says that she is not blind. The store associate tells him that service animals are for various types of conditions and not just for the blind. I had shopped their not too long ago and this associate had helped me last time I was shopping there. She told him that I was protected by federal laws for the disabled. It was so nice to have such an educated store associate take care of this discussion with the mall cop. I get tired of having to fight for my rights all the time and was nice to see some one else do so. I did contact the express manager to tell them how pleased I was with the associated knowledge of the law and her great assistance at the store. I was so tickled by this experience because it gave me hope that more places are educating their employee's.

No comments:

Post a Comment