Friday, June 8, 2012

Dedication

              Today was one of those day's that my dog really amazes me the most. She was not feeling very well and was throwing up and I thought about calling in sick to work. The amazing part is that she still wanted to go to work.So here we are at work today. I have plenty of time to call in sick to work. I believe I have around 60 hours of sick leave which is great for situations like today. I know it would be weird for most people to call in sick to work because your dog is sick but when your dog is your service animal there is always the possibility that you could be calling in sick because you need to take of them like they take care of you. Now that were at work she is resting comfortably underneath my desk and seems okay. These dogs are incredible. She is truly my best friend and honestly has been there for me when most people would not of know what to do. Her ability to help me for example getting help when I have passed out or having a seizure she has done this twice so far for me. I owe her more than I will ever be able to repay. I try my best to give her things her first home did not.
                       

               Duchess did not have the normal beginnings that most service animals do. She was picked up in Oklahoma City by a rescue group. She had bad burns from being left in a kennel during the summer months in Oklahoma City where I must admits get quite hot. They had to shave her back twice to allow the burn to be treated and then another time to make sure he coat would grow back in properly. From the info the kennel had they couple said they were divorcing and no one wanted her. Such a sad start for a dog who loves me even with all my fluctuating blood sugars. She loves her job and she seems to love our life together. I do try to spoil her because of her rough beginnings. I know she knows I love her and she is spoiled rotten but she really deserves to be. Most of all she is such a job to be around. Life has defiantly been more interesting since I started my adventure with in my opinion the best dog any could own.

No comments:

Post a Comment