Friday, August 28, 2015

So Close to the End

I had a bad morning full of lows and pump prime issues. I added more insulin this morning to my pump and it did the prime me issue around four or five times so far. I know this drives me crazy which probably contribute to the low I had this morning. I did treat the low on my own but I was a little frazzled by it all. It is the end of the fiscal year and I am tired. The good part it that I only four days of work left next week and I already cleaned out most of my drawers and filing cabinets. I also am clearing up my desktop of work computer and making sure documents are stored in the correct files. I know the next person thankfully won't be doing as much work as I currently do which is good for them. I know I worried they were going to continue to give them more work than is possible to handle which my job is currently at that level. I am not sure how I was able to handle this work load for so long but it really has taken a toll on my health.

I am glad I was able to work with so many wonderful people and miss my coworkers but I won't miss the work because it was just too much for me in reality. If I was healthy I still think it would have been challenging for anyone to keep up with but with all the lows it has been incredibly daunting and has affected me in ways I never noticed. I am happy that my new adventure hopefully will bring a job with a little less craziness and more opportunity for a slower pace. I know I need the change but I will miss certain parts of my life because I am so used to my life being this way but I know I need more stability and less of the crazy. I know Duchess probably needs that just as much as me. I am hopeful to all that is too come. So strange to say goodbye to my life here in Austin after ten years.

No comments:

Post a Comment