Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Sleep Eludes Me

I know since June I have had issues with sleep. I am waking up most nights at 3:00 am and not able to go back to sleep. Which is not good especially when dealing with Hypoglycemia Unawareness. I know my sleep issues do affect if I have lows and how often I do as well. I know sleep really helps me to keep things balanced blood sugar wise and also keeps the lows at a lower rate. I know I am tired of waking up at 3am but I am not really sure of the cause. I know the last couple of months I have made so many important decisions about where my life is headed. I know the move is taxing in a great deal of ways but I have gotten everything done already so I am prepared to move. There is not much more I can do to be ready at this point. So I am not sure why I keep waking up every night at 3am but I know I would love to be able to sleep more than I have the past couple of months.

I know I am not overly stressed at this point but I am not sure where I need to go from here. I know I do exercise and I still continually exercise as I always have which does help me deal with stress. Normally I do not have issues falling asleep but waking up in the middle of the night is where the issues show up. I do know that I have been living out of boxes since the middle of June. So the possibility that I don't feel settled could be affecting me more than I realized.  I know I feel comfortable staying at my co-workers house but I know for a fact I can't wait to be able to unpack my things and settle in. I know how much Duchess needs that but I guess maybe be I forgot about me needing that as well. Since I can't change that yet I still have over three weeks before I leave. I am hoping that I can find a good normal sleeping pattern before I leave because it is a long trip to get to California.

So I am going to try and right to do lists and other things so they are not weighing my mind down. I am also going to try to turn off all electronics a half an hour before bed to hopefully help prevent the waking up every night. I might try doing some stress relieving activities as well to see if that helps. I know it has been a really challenging couple of months and I am really needing a break from all the craziness. Hoping these will help but I guess I will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment