Friday, May 8, 2015

When Juggling Several Conditions at Once

I know at time it is so easy forget I even have Rheumatoid Arthritis since I was 19. I know most of the time it is just in the background and I don't have to do much. I know since my last flare up I have never really got back to where I was previously. I know I have noticed changes in my hands and my ability to open the plastic bags in the produce section is almost always too much for me to handle. I know I am thrilled with my current medication but it seems to work okay but I am worried about the long term changes with my hands. I know recently I have noticed that in the mornings when I am at my stiff I have trouble opening doors now and I have noticed it can at times be painful to be typing on the computer in the mornings until I have gotten my joints loosened up. I know I want Duchess to help at times by pressing the button on the door but they are so stiff she can't. So I am stuck having to hit the button which hurts. So I know I need to discuss this with my Dr. next week.

I know she has always considered my RA to be mild and not even moderate but with the recent changes I am not sure what to think. I know I work out frequently but normally I seem to handle it pretty well. I do know that the recent changes make me really nervous that I won't get back to the way things used to be. I know my current medication Methotrexate worked really well at first but not so much now. I know it is supposed to help stop the progression of my RA but I feel like that is not the case currently. Another issue I have found is that normally with Methotrexate you can't use advil. Sadly my Dexcom will not tolerate the use of acetaminophen. So basically if I hurt myself I can't use any pain relief medications.

I know I tend to be clumsy at times and I have had to just grin and bear it but at other times I take the risk and take the Advil. I know this is not recommended because it reduces the effectiveness of the Methotrexate. So I have only done it once or twice. So now I am questioning in general what I can do. I am hoping my Dr. will help me find a solution but I am feeling more and more like this current medication is not for me. I know I am willing to try new medications with the hopes they last right up to when I can take my next dose. I know most of the time I feel the medication wearing off on Tuesday night and I can't take more till Thursday night so technically I might just need a higher dosage but trying to juggle my needs, need to avoid Tylenol because of the Dexcom just makes things even more complicated. 

I know at times I worry way too much about my collection of autoimmune disorders I am collecting which include Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Celiac's disease. I know my conditions tend to show up in ways I am not always expecting but hopefully I can find some relief soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment