Thursday, May 28, 2015

When Conflicts Show Up

I know this week has been incredibly difficult week for unrelated to my Diabetes. I know this stress sadly is already showing up in my graphs on my Dexcom . I know I test last night it was 200 so I bolused. After I bolused I thought to myself I wonder if that was right because my Dexcom goes off I am 78. I had just bolused some for some food plus a larger correction. So I had to scramble to eat enough food to cover what I over bolused for. I need to get better about making sure my hands are clean before testing but sometimes life gets in the way. I was so distracted by the other changes in my life I was not thinking through the process the way I should have been.

I know the recent events this week which feels like a bomb went off has reminded me how blessed I really am. I feel blessed I have a great medical team which I am so fortunate to have. I know I have a job and thankfully decent transportation. I have so many wonderful people in my life who care and I also have so many people's blogs who I follow. I feel like no matter what I am going through Diabetes related or not I am truly blessed in so many ways. I know a good friend who understands my Diabetes struggles has really helped me to find solutions that I needed to so quickly. I know the past three years have been amazing and I have learned so much from all of you.

I know I find it incredible that I can share my mistakes, and my success with you all. I know I feel blessed everyday when I wake up with my insulin pump, options to be able to upgrade to the latest technology and in general good access to what I need. I know we all get so busy at times it can be so easy to forge those times where you did not have these options. I know when I went back to college I struggled to pay for these items and I know thankfully I was able to make it through that period of time. I know I managed my Diabetes on my own and did well but I honestly like getting help when I need it as well. So looking back even though I hit some rough spots I have so much to be thankful for. I know during these times I don't know what I would do without Duchess. She has been helping me with the strange blood sugars caused by stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment