Thursday, February 12, 2015

Old verses New

I really love having my Dexcom feature on the Animas Vibe I know so far it has really been nice. I do use the ability to have my old Dexcom receiver that I use as well. I still carry the old receiver to see the differences. So far I have noticed that the same sensor has different readings. The interesting part of it all is that my Animas Vibe does not seem to have the same issues with water verses the old receiver I still have. Another thing I noticed is that my Animas Vibe tends to be more accurate with lows verses my other Dexcom and the Dexcom is better with highs at times. I have been having issues with the Dexcom thinking I am moving up dramatically when I moved up two units and with two arrows pointing upwards. Thankfully I always check my blood sugar before bolusing because I am not one of the lucky ones where my blood sugar is actually close to my current blood sugars. I have noticed that since my recent procedure that my blood sugar is more steady again and the Dexcom results are getting better.

I do find it interesting to see the different number on the two Dexcom but so far I have to say that I am finding the Animas Vibe to be more accurate of the two so far over the past 8 days or so. I know it will be interesting to be able to download the results for my Dr. as well. I know she is very aware that for me the Dexcom is never spot on. I also have to say that my Animas Vibe does catch lows at an average of 5 minutes earlier for me which is much better. I have noticed that the old receiver results are closer to my night blood sugars where the Animas Vibe is the opposite it thinks I am always low but I know when I tested it was hanging around 90 but it thought I was 70 which is annoying to deal with in the middle of the night. Especially with two Dexcom devices going off during the night. I am also the queen of ignoring it at night because I worked out several hours before I go to bed and I am tired. Thankfully I am responding better now with having two devices going at once.


No comments:

Post a Comment