Monday, October 27, 2014

Helping In Ways I Never Realized

I know my recent events have really made me think about things. I know every time the EMS is their at work I am always worried they are trying to make me go to the hospital. Most of the time I go against the recommendations and go home. I know what they are going to do at the hospital and I can do it at home. So I stay home where both of us are most comfortable. Each time the EMS is their the local University police shows up. They have repeatedly interfered in the past with my ability to get transported with Duchess. Their can be consequences for both of us being separated. I am so used to having Duchess their in my darkest moments I really depend upon her more than I have ever realized we are a team who works well together. She keeps me calm and cool during these events by being her crazy self. I know she is nervous for me and really cares. I know during these moments their is no other place she would rather be than with me.

She was trained to be with me during these moments and most of all she needs me just as much as I need her. I know I have been through so much and I feel like having Duchess their really helps me in ways I never dreamed. I normally stay really calm and cool anyways, but I tend to be reacting inside to these feelings. The interesting thing is that Duchess knows if I am upset, scared or just feeling let down. She picks up my emotions so well at times she seems to know before I do at times. I know I can handles this alone, I have plenty of times in the past but I just feel better not doing it alone. I has always been told I am very stoic and I do not usually ask for help. So having Duchess near bye I don't have to ask she just knows me too well.

I am beyond thankful that even in my worst and my best days that Duchess is her with me. She is constantly keeping me safer and makes me feel comfortable taking on challenges. Duchess will always be my best friend and I know I am blessed to have her in my life. I never dreamed that Duchess would be helping me in so many unexpected ways. I know I feel safer than I did when I was first diagnosed with Hypoglycemia Unawareness and that peace of mind is priceless. I know I value my freedom and my ability to hold a job which all goes back to Duchess doing a wonderful job.

No comments:

Post a Comment