Friday, July 31, 2015

Saying Goodbye Can Be Tough

I know I went to my Endocrinologist and saw my Physician Assistant Amy who I love. She has helped me through all my tough times and my good times as well. I know I am blessed beyond belief to have such a wonderful Dr. to have seen the past couple of years. I know my Dr. cried when I told her I was moving. I know I have seen her so much over the past couple of years and she has helped me even on the weekends when necessary because she cares for her patients. I know I was really sad I will be saying goodbye in September. I know I really wish I had her as a Dr. when I was younger because it would have meant I would have gotten what I needed as a patient. I know she has been a great friend and she listens so well. She never let me let my Diabetes stop me from trying new things. I know when I went sky diving for the first time she was supportive because she knew it meant a great deal for to be able to do so. I know I am forever thankful and I know I cried as well because it makes me incredibly sad. I will never forget how much this experience as a patient has changed me.

I know I have one more appointment on September 2nd to have her check my settings before I leave for California. She thought it was a great idea to get everything in good shape before I leave and to get any other prescriptions I might need. I know I don't have a job yet in California but I know I will as quickly as possible. I have ordered 3 months supply of all prescriptions and stock piled all my supplies to be prepared as much as possible. I know the more I feel prepared the better I will feel as I set off on my next adventure in California. I am really looking forward what is to come but sometimes saying goodbye is really difficult and today is one of those days. I know I plan on bringing my favorite cupcakes to my last appointment for all the staff. I know it does not seem like enough but I am hoping they will enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment