Thursday, June 25, 2015

When Frustration Gets In the Way

I know recently I have been noticing my self start to slack on testing and especially at night. I know right now since I moved I have not heard my Dexcom at night at all. So I know I need to work on making sure I can hear my Dexcom again. I know that my current system is not working because hearing my Dexcom is really helpful in me treating issue promptly. I know I also have in general been slower to test when I am low as well which is never good. I am also aware this could cause Duchess to delay alerting or stop alerting in general which is never a good thing.

I know I am doing better today and trying my best to get back to a normal routine. I know everything is starting to get back to old way of doing things. I have made some permanent changes in some ways which will help me in the long run. I know my frustration in general has been high at times and I know this is also playing a part in my lack of motivation. I do test numerous times a day but not as much I normally do. I do test before I eat like normal but I am slacking on the 2 hour post meal tests. So I am having to get myself back on track is going well but I know it taking some effort. I know in the long run I need to keep myself on track. I also know that this month has been difficult and full of change.

So I am not going to be hard on myself because it happens to us all. I also know that even with all the tools I have we all get frustrated with the technology. I know for example the Dexcom is not right quite a bit of the time. I can move up slightly and Dexcom thinks I jumped up 50 points when it was only 5. So I know that does play a part in feeling frustrated with my technology. I know for example I woke up at 4:30am this morning to hearing that the batter was low, insulin was low and it saying my blood sugar was 150. So I had to get up to address all three issues at once. I know days like this can only add to the frustration at times.

I know tomorrow is a new day and also a day I can start fresh and stay on top of my blood sugars in my normal manner. It is also another chance of getting things done right and also allowing myself to move on from my week and half of feeling frustrated. Thankfully I tend to get back to my normal pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment