Monday, October 28, 2013

Flopping Around

I had another busy weekend planned as usual. I was supposed to be working on Saturday morning around 9am. I woke up at 8:50am and don't remember turning the alarm off on Saturday. So I rushed getting ready to get to work. I was really tired and did not think much of it at the time. So I worked for several hours then went shopping and returned home. Shortly after getting home I was pretty low 40 and I stayed there for hours. I kept treating the lows with no real results. Finally around 8pm I got my blood sugar high enough that I could drive safely. I was really tired and did not want to cook dinner. So I went to Chipotle for dinner, I get home and start to eat my dinner but all of a sudden I felt like my stomach was not going to let me eat, So I stopped eating and put my food away in the refrigerator. Then I hear my Dexcom start to wail loudly that I am below 55 again. I try treating my low with skittles and smarties but they made my stomach even more upset,

I am feeling desperate at this point to get something in my system to get my blood sugar up. Then I remember I have juice boxes in the fridge and sure enough that seems to be working. I drank around 5 of them and my blood sugar is finally 70 which was nice. Then my blood sugar starts dropping again dramatically. I have had my insulin pump basal off since I was unable to eat dinner. So I continue to drink juice on and off till around 2am when I was able to reconnect my pump without any lows thankfully. I go to sleep then at 4am my Dexcom is wailing at me I was 400 I guess I had not heard the alerts before this point. I think I had rebounded after being low for hours. I was low from 4pm to 8pm then low from 8:30 to around 12:30pm. I honestly was relieved that two and half hours later my blood sugar was back in range.

It was such a long evening of attempting to keep my blood sugars in line but sadly that did not seem to come easily. I am still having issues with my stomach for the rest of the weekend. I am not sure what is going on but I would like avoid it if at all possible. Thankfully yesterday I was back to my normal blood sugars and was able to get what I needed done. I did have a fast moving high that I was able to stop by two hundred and a couple of low but it did seem tor respond to the smarties and skittles.

No comments:

Post a Comment