Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ugh Still Infusion Set Issues

               I was hoping I could say that the contact detach infusion sets would be making a difference. Last night the infusion set stopped working and I had to pull it. I am not usually making more than a couple hours to less than a day on all the infusion sets. To make sure it was just not a bad box of infusion set Animas is sending me another box to see if that might have been the issue. I am hoping to resolve this issue soon I am driving myself crazy having to constantly keep changing the sites. I clean the sites before I put a new infusion set on and I move my sites around. I have even placed them in places there has never been infusions sets. So I am at a complete loss as to the cause of the infusion sets not working, I am hoping it was just a bad box of infusion sets so I can move on from this and go back to using them but if not there is only other infusion set I can try. There is the angled sets that I can try next but hoping that's not the case because that would mean most likely that it is scar tissue related issue. This has been so far the most frustrating part of having an insulin pump so far. Normally I can figure these issues on my own but this time even Animas does not really have an answer for what could be going on. I have researching looking for some possibilities.

               I need a break form all the site changes. The only thing I have not had to change so far is the Dexcom which is nice. Hopefully I will see and end to all the crazy site changes and find a solution to this very frustrating issue. I know even Duchess is getting tired of all the moving up them going back down issues. Most of the time I have been catching them early enough to where most of the time I am under 200 when i realize it is a bad site which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment