Monday, October 8, 2012

Renaissance Festival

                        This past weekend Duchess went to the Texas Renaissance Festival which is actually the largest in the United States. There is always a larger crowd and always a great time. This year was Duchess's first trip to a renaissance festival this large. She wore fairy wings as her costume. I wore my traditional renaissance festival costume. I sadly did not get my pictures off my camera yet but I will put up last years pictures. Duchess did really well and actually seems to love the costumes and the interesting people. My dog loves to people watch. She especially loved the monkey. elephants, camels and llamas at the festival. She was funny she kept watching the elephants with such fascination. There was a character at the festival in a fox costume every year and she kept looking at him. I just let her sit there and observe the guy in the fox costume. I have to give her credit as usual she was on top of my blood sugars the whole time I was there even with her observing people and looking around she still never missed a beat. The hard part for me when I go to the Renaissance festival is how to reduce my basal rates appropriately. There is so many shows I go to and so much walking. The trip to the festival is around a 3 hour drive and we all stay till it closes.

Photo: Dutchess is really bored.  Are we there yet? http://instagr.am/p/QccgQYtN6q/
Duchess in the car on the way. Are we there yet?

                           Even with such a long day Duchess did such a wonderful job. Of all of the events we go to this seems to be the most fun one for her so far. The dexcom was handy also in helping me with the ongoing issues with pump sites. I have been averaging about 8 hours with the change of infusion sets but I am still unable to figure out the issue and no one seems to have any new ideas to try. Hopefully I will get that straightened out soon but at least I did receive the replacement one's from Animas quite quickly which was good. The bad part is not that the Dexcom G4 just came out and I want that one. So I might be returning this Dexcom and getting the newer one. If its more accurate I am even more interested.  http://www.dexcom.com/

                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment