Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Perfect Timing

            Recently things have been so busy and I am trying to not miss much work if possible. I have been having infusion set issues for several weeks and still had not gotten my Dexcom training yet. So I was trying to get both things accomplished well it turned out that the Dexcom representative was in Austin yesterday and the Animas representative had already scheduled a time to meet me. It was nice they both agreed to meet with me at one location so I could take care of all the things I needed at once. I am not trying the contact detach infusion sets to see if that improves the time the sites are lasting. I was really excited to get started with my Dexcom it was really easy to use and I love having the graphs because already I noticed some patterns I had not noticed before. So hopefully I can make even better basal changes. I am loving the Dexcom so far but did adjust the warning for highs and lows already because it was driving  me crazy last night. I had some lows overnight I was unaware of because I also have the dawn phenomenon where my blood sugar rises over night so I think I was unaware of the drop. So now I can address that with some simple changes.
              
               My A1c has actually been great over the past 4 and half years so I don't think I will seem much change in that but if I can reduce the highs from bad sites that would be helpful. Duchess will usually alert me to that as well but nice to have a back up method as well. Overall I would recommend the Dexcom to anyone it easy to use and seems to be another great tool to use. I find it provides that extra information which can be helpful. I have had times when I was hooked up to a CGM from my Dr.'s office where I stayed in the 90-120 range all day which is good but having it all the time I think will make a huge difference.Hoping to keep improving things with the Dexcom.

2 comments:

  1. If you don't already know how to extend the life of the dexcom sensor, ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luckily have a friend who has figured that out as well. Always nice to get more life out of medical equipment.

    ReplyDelete