Thursday, March 19, 2015

Adrenaline Rush

I know I am really looking forward to this weekend just as long as the weather cooperates I will be sky diving finally. I know I have looked forward to this since the day I paid for my sky dive. I am an adrenaline junkie and love to push my boundaries. It is strange how I feel the need to control everything but I am an adrenaline junkie too. After this adventure I will be looking for my next adventure off my bucket list which I have not decided what I will do yet. I will be leaving Duchess at home on Saturday because I can't take her with me sky diving but thank fully my best friend will be going with me. She thankfully notices when I am low when I have no idea which is helpful since Duchess won't be with me during my adventure. I spend so much time with her I know I will struggle with her not being with me for this but it is also good to have some down time for her and for me as well. I will have my CGM with me during it all so I should be fine. The bad part is that Duchess has been consistently alerting really early which gives me time to treat. I do plan to run my blood sugar higher because excitement and anticipation makes my blood sugars drop.

I do not want low blood sugars during the sky diving experience and I do plan on eating pretty close to when I do jump. I know you can make yourself sick by not eating before you do jump. I think I will handle the experience just fine but I know I will worry about the lows. I know my plan of dealing with it will work just fine. I know since Duchess has been with me all the time it will feel strange to not have her here with me. I know my life the past seven years has felt incredibly scary at times and I think because my life has always had this edge of scariness to it taking on adrenaline rushes seems so easy because at least I get to decide when. I know I have always wanted to do some crazy things with my older brother. We both enjoyed doing certain things as kids and that led me to some crazy adventures as an adult. Sky diving will just be another. I have a feeling that I will want to jump again but I will always to try more things as well. I am hoping my blood sugars will cooperate and that I can enjoy my new adventure.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you're going to do that, Tarra. I must not be an adrenaline junkie because I would never in a million years jump out of an airplane. Have a great time and I look forward to reading about your experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been an adrenaline junkie for a very long time but I find it not to be a huge deal to jump out of the plane. I will not base jump but sky diving seems more reasonable. I have even driven a race car in the past which was incredibly fun.

      Delete
  2. So cool! Can't wait to hear how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rescheduled for next weekend. The weather was really rainy. I am counting the days already.

      Delete