Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Overwhelmed by Exercise and Lows

I have been so focused on reducing lows recently and have been feeling very over whelmed by it all. I know with my Hypoglycemia Unawareness I am more prone to lows that I ever have been in my life. I have to be careful that even when cleaning my house that I can go low pretty easy. Thankfully my pump temp basals come in handy in great deal of situations so I can avoid more lows when I am on top of it.

I have been trying everything to keep from going low during and after exercise. I have made more progress than I ever have in the past. I know previously I would exercise and not worry about the lows because I found it very daunting to continually try new thing to find what would work for me. I have made more progress the longer I continually exercise the past couple of weeks. I know I have found that temp basasl on pump, Cliff Shot Bloks, and snacks before hand have helped tremendously. I am trying to play around more with the temp basals to see if I can avoid lows completely while working out if at all possible.

I know after reviewing CGM graphs and blood sugars constantly I am just irritated by it all. I know I used to be able to work out back in the day with not nearly as many issues. I know when I walk I tend not to have the dramatic drops that I get from more strenuous exercise. I know I feel even better now that I am doing my new routine but I also am finding it all very overwhelming trying to figure it out on my own. I spend so much time these days with just trying to keep myself safe and avoid complications. I know I am feeling ugh about the whole Diabetes things today and this week in general. I know at times everything just is too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment