Friday, February 14, 2014

Work Changes

I am glad I am looking for another job because of the recent time lines they have imposed I know they also will be reducing the overtime pay for the department as well. I depend on this money more than I would like to admit. I know that not having as much money coming in and everything going up it does not seem to be helping me at all. I know my previous job in a department with my current employer did not have overtime for the most part and also paid much more. This department instead pays you less and then offer overtime so they can make you work because they know they paid you so little on your base pay. I tend to make most of my money that 6-7 months of the year and also have the least amount of time to enjoy any of the money I have earned. I have learned so much from this work experience and I know that more than anything I want more time to work out, enjoy my weekend and have time to keep Duchess skills sharp. My current schedule does not always allow me time to do what I need to do.

I know looking for a job with a disability honestly has been a difficult situation every time I start the process. Explaining what I need and getting what I need when working for a department is very difficult. Getting people to understand that a person who looks very healthy is not and needs to go to Dr. appointments to keep me health is hard for them to understand. I know they will never understand what a day in my life is like or how difficult things can be and I try my best to explain. I know they will never understand why everyone's Diabetes is different and should not be compared. I know during my recent disabilities meeting the disability coordinator told me I was her most brittle Diabetic she had on campus. I told her that I was not surprised but I had been dealing with it for the past 33 years. After all the emergencies and other situations I have know for a long time that my Diabetes has never been easy and never will be. I know Hypoglycemia Unawareness has made things ten times more difficult but overall considering things I think I am doing pretty well most of the time.

I know as I continue to spend time looking for something better I am hoping I can get what I need this time. I feel like after all my hard work and willingness to get things done I could find something better. I know many of the departments on campus do not work nearly as much as I do. I want more time for me and Duchess to enjoy our life and hoping to find that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment