Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Results of Meeting Yesterday

The meeting I had yesterday with my Disability Coordinator for the University. I know she asked a great deal of questions during our discussion of the events. I know she asked me randomly who covered me when I was on vacation? Actually no one covers me when I am gone on vacation or sick. All my work is my inbox when I get back waiting for me. I do not get any help with the 600-800 emails I can receive when I am gone so work tends to stack up and takes me weeks to get caught up. I normally check work emails when on vacation because it become difficult when I am that far behind. I know the disability coordinator said that is not a vacation. I agree but the University seems to work that way for some people. So I technically have not really had a vacation in two years. If you look at things in that manner.

I now know that is on our discussion during a meeting with my manager and supervisor on Thursday evening. I am not sure what to expect but I know we are going to discuss my stress level and the expectations. I know that if they are not discussed I will continually get mixed messages from my manger. One in person meeting my manager said there is a 24 hour turn around for a portion of my job and then in an email as well. Then when she emailed the disability coordinator she said he email said the deadline was flexible. I know the disability coordinator said most likely in general they are going to take a great deal of the extra work they give off my workload because they don't want me in a situation where seizures could occur or bad lows if possible. I know they can't do a great deal but the disability coordinator thinks relaxing the deadline as necessary would be a great compromise but I know my boss's answer will be not on that suggestion.

I know my boss said she reduced my workload already but in actuality she increased my work in another way. I still do a portion of my old job but since she has never done the job does not seem to get that I still am handling a great portion of the old job. So I am not truly having more free time but instead working on something else which is months behind when given to me. So I am not really sure how they are going to handle things but I am not going to move a hundred miles a minute so they can meet some made up deadline she did not really spend anytime thinking through. So I am hoping for some good changes to come from the meeting hopefully but most of the time nothing is accomplished. I know my work is trying to get rid of me but they are going to have to work harder than that.

4 comments:

  1. I hope something good comes of these meetings and as always I'm sorry that you have to be fighting these battles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laddie. I am really hoping so too. They really make my life more difficult when it does not need to be.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with tonight's meeting. I really hope this situation starts to turn around for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I am nervous because I need to be really clear in what I need which is not always my strong suit but I need to get it done.

      Delete