Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Increased Alerting Ability and Work

Duchess has been doing extremely well handling it all. I know my stress does really mess with my blood sugars. Especially when I am the only person in my work who processes the paper work and I have been only one her for the past 10 days to show up everyday. Every person including supervisor and manager have all called in sick. These situations only add more havoc to my blood sugars. Thankfully Duchess is very well aware of the recent flinging about that has been going on. She is really funny in that she moves her dog cot really close to my desk so she can sit closer to me so she will know sooner if I am starting to drop quickly or move up quickly. This is always helpful when she can give me extra time and when she is sleeping she also will wake up sooner as well.

She has always been a great alerter but recently she just keeps getting better. I am not sure where she came up with the idea to move her dog cot but I have to admit she is a very intelligent dog. She always finds ways to get what she needs done. I have not had a lot of highs recently but quite a few lows but most of the time quick adjustments and temp basals have kept me on track. I am not looking forward to the end of the fiscal year where I work even longer hours and be unable to deal with all the stress. My work instead of hiring other people who actually do work instead of attending meeting they hired another executive level person who will just assign me more work. The good thing is that I have Duchess who keeps me safer through a great deal of scary situations but most important I have been seizure free for a year and a half. I am hoping to avoid and bad lows during the closing of the books for my department.




I have been thinking a great deal about how much my current job affects my person safety. Due to the high stress which my body reminds me regularly is not helping me. I know that I am always trying to do things to reduce stress but most things do not work the way they used to. So I am stuck with my body doing what it wants and I need to do things differently to reduce bad lows at work but also to find a better work life balance because that does not exist in my life currently. I need to also think about how all this affects Duchess and how much these emergencies cost me financially as well. At the end of the day none of this has been worth it. I know I am glad I am looking for some thing better because staying where I am at would be detrimental to Duchess and I.

1 comment:

  1. I always read an article about dogs because I want to learn a lot before I will buy a new puppy so, I can take care properly. Your blog gains my knowledge about dogs and I'm feeling great, I want to share this to my friend and for sure she will be getting interested to your article. See more information about Vets North Somerset, visit here.

    ReplyDelete