Friday, July 13, 2012

Dad's Reactions

             I was talking with a coworker about my recent seizure and she asked me an interesting question. She asked what my father thought of my recent seizure and I said he did not know about it. In the past four years I think my dad thinks that Duchess is not a necessary as I do. I know in over the past couple of years my dad has not been very receptive to talking about seizure or my diabetes in general. My mother was always the one I could discuss my concerns and my plan of action for when things went awry but my father was never as involved. He seems to have this idea in his head that a seizure is really not that big of a deal. I on the other hand know better than that. He seems to have this perception that everything should be fine and that I can handle all this without Duchess but in reality that is not the case. I did have numerous seizures as a child and have come out okay in the end but with my living situation there is not always someone else home which is scary for me. I'm sure because he has not meet her and has not seen her in action does affect his perspective to an extent. I know everyday since I got Duchess I will never regret my decision because of the two seizures I have had in the past two years are further proof that I need some assistance. I also have to realize that either one of these seizures could have had dire consequences in reality but because of Duchess's persistence she changed the outcome of these events.

              The interesting thing is that my brother who lives in Hawaii has not meet Duchess but get my need to have her in my life. My sister has seen her in action and see's why I depend on her. I have felt so fortunate to have the doc community because with my father not being very receptive to talking about medical issues that leaves me very little places to vent about it expect for the other pwd. I am so glad I am able to talk about these issues on here. Thank you for all the wonderful people in the doc community who help me more than you will ever know. To all the bloggers who give me hope when things are just too much. All these things have helped me so much over the past 4 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment