Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sometimes I am Just too Stubborn

I have to admit that sometimes I am too stubborn for my own good. I was doing really well last week with my overall blood sugars while on predisone and my energy levels were increasing. I felt like this week would be more of the same but I am finding the opposite. I have been pushing myself too much and I am so exhausted that I have only been able to work from 8-4:30pm most days which is fine because I am meeting my 8 hours of work for the day. Since my work does not have the same staff level I am always trying to do so much.

I know because I have had to slow down it has driven me crazy because I like to be able to keep up with it all. I know recently slowing me down for a bit was fine but I feel like it has just been too long. Regardless of how I feel about it during a flare I really need to slow down and listen to my body because this week my hands, knees ankles and hips ache incredibly even with the predisone. I was prescribed extra pills of predisone if I had increased pain which I have been having. I have been able to keep my blood sugars really normal and really don't want to take more predisone.

So at this point I am trying to find the right balance again so that I am not missing work but still able to handle most tasks without taxing my body too much. I know I need to be more patient with myself these days regardless of what I get done. I am not so far behind that I won't get caught up but need to plan out better how I tackle things such as cleaning and running errands. I know normally I will get all of it done in one day but now I am spreading it out. Hoping that the pain is less by me reviewing what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment