Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Some Spots Better Than Others

I know since I have been using my legs at sites for my Dexcom the more I realize how much I miss using my arms. My arms in general tended to have more accurate readings verses my legs which tends to say my blood sugar is higher than it actually is or wants to say I am low when I am actually in the 90's. I know I was hoping after a couple of months that I would be getting the same results as I did using my arms but right now it seems that is going to stay this way. I do move my sights around well and I track where it was placed so I know if I am over using areas but with the legs there is quite a few spots to use so that is not really an issue.

I know I have had some many issues with the Dexcom and reporting even close to where I actually am it can be incredibly frustrating when I see all these people who's Dexcom readings are right on target and mine are always off. I know even with using my stomach there were times that I was able to get close results to where I was at but not regularly. I know I love having the Dexcom and it has been a great tool. I know times like when I am on predisone the Dexcom is the reason I am in a pretty well controlled place right now. I have also been able to make pump setting changes in a much better way because of the Dexcom.

I know I am really hoping that I can give my stomach a try in another year or two because I had some of my best results from my stomach. I am not sure if that will be possible but I am willing to give it a try. I know my arms when I tried them last they were off a little as well. I am not sure why some people get great results and others like me do not get the same results. I really wish the technology was a little better for all not just a bunch of people. I know I have talked with quite a few people who are in the same situation as I am who results are normally skewed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment