Friday, March 28, 2014

Wonky Test Results

I know yesterday I got the test results for the recent blood work. As usual I am not testing positive for all the typical Rheumatoid Arthritis tests which has been that way since the beginning. I go through this every-time I go to a new Rheumatologist they are surprised by the lab results but I know my mom never  had all the test come back positive either. In fact a great deal of people who are diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis only test positive for some of the tests. So it is really through tests, examinations, and family history they used to diagnose the Rheumatoid Arthritis. So it can be tricky when my results don't always match up with what they expect. Normally after they review the case they see that the original diagnosis does fit. I know it can be tricky being the patient with the RA diagnosis and when it is a Dr. using what information they have to diagnose the condition. I know they always seem to think I have lupus but I don't have the typical symptoms or issues but my symptoms do match RA.

So I know my next appointment the Dr I am sure will want to run more tests which normally happens. I know they normally try to test for quite a few other autoimmune diseases such as lupus,Sjögren’s syndrome, myositis and scleroderma. The bad part of lab results vary as well and can cause issues with the types of the tests the Rheumatologist are running. So this whole process is honestly drives me crazy because even if I had other medical records from my previous Rheumatologist they would still be rerunning them again from experiences. The good part is that I am currently on the drugs and I am seeing results which will also good for the Rheumatologist to see as well. 

So I am sure I not done with the test but that is okay. One major issue I have noticed with taking Methotrexate is that it is causing mood changes but one benefit it the first two nights after taking Methotrexate my blood sugars flat line around 80-90 range through the whole night with no lows which is always nice. I am not sure why the drug is doing it but it really can be so nice to sleep all night with no interuptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment